Tuesday 31 January 2012

Memoirs with my Master (learning through different mediums )



Memoirs with my Master :
As per His wish I started learning spirituality through His umanifest means (different mediums) !!
In August 1997, I had gone to Sion Ashram in Mumbai for a ‘Darshan’ of my Shreeguru.   I got  His ‘Darshan’ and satsang, and I was about to return back home in bliss, when His Holiness began asking me – “How much time do you take to come from your home to the Ashram?”  I said “One hour and twenty minutes” and “How much time does it take to return?”  I said – “While returning, night sets in, thus, there is less traffic, so it takes one hour minutes.”  (I always had been very calculative about time ) He further asked – “How much time do you stay here?”  I said – “ Nealry one and a half hour”……So now you tell me, how many people can you educate about spiritual practice in the same period of time?  I replied – “I can surely speak to about 40 people. (We used to go door to door and tell people about spirituality)”  He then said – “Don’t come here from now onwards, stay there(I was in New Mumbai) and tell people about spiritual practice.”  I had been associated with him for just four months, hearing this, I started my return back home a bit disappointed.  Coming downstairs from the Ashram, I asked my Guru subtly(within myself as I had the habit of talking to God since childhood) – “If I don’t meet you, how will I learn about spiritual practice and our scriptures (Shastras)?  How can I make progress in spiritualism? “  Then, He subtly replied – “Wherever you are, I will teach you everything at that very place itself.”  I said how will my gross service be fulfilled?  He replied – “You have completed gross service in your previous birth.  Now in this birth, you have to unot my unmanifest form (preaching spirituality is an umanifest form of serving guru).  The fact is that in the last 12 years of my spiritual practice, I had the good fortune of serving the saints on only just two occasions for two days each and since that day, seeing my Master in every seeker, I have been rendering as much service as I can.  That day onwards, He kept educating me through various mediums, scriptures or Sanatan Prabhat periodical published under His guidance), or subtly, even before my asking Him.
I want to narrate a very enjoyable incident.
Since my childhood, several questions used to pop up in my mind about spiritualism and pertaining to dharma and I could not find a satisfactory answer to them.  Several times I used to ask questions from my father to get the answers – and he on his part, used to make efforts to resolve all my doubts.  My father was a gentle, householder, with seeker-like instincts.  He was a devotee of Goddess Durga and before I had an audience with my Guru, he was my ideal.  At times, when I would not be satisfied with the answers given by him, he would read my inner thoughts – and would try to make the answers more evident.  One day after I asked him a question, he said with simplicity – “My dear, increase your devotion.  One day, someone will come and will resolve all your queries.”  His words came true, my Shree Guru entered my life……and in reality, my doubts were resolved.
I had gone to Sanatan Sanstha  for the resolution of my doubts.  However, after having an audience with my Shree Guru, no doubts remained in my mind.  According to the method of spiritual practice followed at the organization, our leading seekers used to come to the centre where we were serving, to guide us in our spiritual practice.  One problem that I used to face was what questions to ask from them.  The day I had my first audience with my Guru, questions stopped coming to my mind since that day – and if questions did creep up, I used to receive satisfactory answers to them through some medium or the other.  Thus, asking questions used to a problem for me.  Adiguru Shankaracharya has said in Dakshinmurti hymn – “Gurostu Maunam Vyakhyanam, Shishyastu Chhinnasanshayah” – meaning the Sadguru taught his disciples through silence and resolved their doubts.  By God’s grace, I had been experiencing the feeling of this element and I had a first-hand experience of the authenticity of the elements mentioned in the scriptures.   

No comments:

Post a Comment